Chico, CA CPA firm seeking an experienced, reliable, self-motivated administrative assistant to join busy accounting firm. This position will work closely with partners, clients, and staff and will be responsible for a variety of administrative related tasks. This position requires someone who is task-oriented, communicative, professional, and capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment with the ability to apply common sense.
We value diversity as a company and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Pre-employment background check is required.
Position is full time and employees must be able to work additional hours and overtime as needed during peak tax-season January through May each year.
Competitive benefits package offered which includes:
- 9 company paid holidays (plus 3 half days).
- 2 weeks paid vacation & 40 hours paid sick time per year.
- Company pays 90% of sponsored plan’s premium for employee’s health insurance.
- Company pays 100% of employee’s vision & dental insurance.
- 401K plan with matching contributions and potential for profit sharing.
This position will be responsible for a providing a wide range of office, clerical, light bookkeeping, client customer service, and administrative support. Primary responsibilities include receptionist duties, scheduling, clerical assistance to the staff, customer relations, billing, filing and file management, special projects and other general clerical and office tasks as assigned.
Special projects as assigned will include duties such as assistance in the completion of staff member projects; Assistance with the preparation of client correspondence including editing and proofreading engagement letters, emails, letters and proposals; Assistance with various forms, surveys, insurance applications, and other reports, as needed.
- At least three years previous experience in a similar administrative role.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a talent for customer service and a demonstrated professional demeanor.
- Must be efficient with a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong computer skills including all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). QuickBooks knowledge and general IT trouble shooting skills a plus.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Current driver’s license and insurance preferred, may be required to occasionally drive for office related business.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time (not remote)
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour dependent on experience