Warehouse Labor / Forklift Operator / Maintenance Technician needed for walnut/almond processing warehouse in Orland, CA.
Duties and responsibilities
- Mechanically inclined individual needed for nut processor to handle a variety of tasks including general labor, equipment and warehouse maintenance. Forklift experience preferred. Wages DOE $16 – 18/hour.
- Loading and unloading raw and finished product around warehouse and into loading and storage containers.
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility.
- Stacking goods in the correct storage areas, following inventory control instructions and keeping accurate inventory.
- Checking loads are secure.
- Stacking empty pallets and bins.
- Performing daily equipment checks & equipment maintenance as needed.
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines.
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Other duties as needed including equipment and general warehouse maintenance.
- General labor duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- High degree of attention to detail and safety is required to help prevent injuries and promote a safe work environment.
- Closely follow instructions for operation of equipment and record-keeping.
- Maintain a clean & safe working environment.
- Prior or current forklift certification.
- Occasionally to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and sit, bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a variety of conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to follow directions well & work well as a member of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour