Agricultural operation seeking an experienced Office Manager/Bookkeeper with HR experience to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve and support company procedures and day-to-day company operations. Must have a well-rounded background with experience in accounting, office management as well as human resources.
This position is responsible for a providing a wide range of office management, internal company bookkeeping and accounting, human resource and administrative support to the company. Primary responsibilities include handling in-house payroll, accounts payable, budgeting and reporting, company compliance and general human resource duties.
Position will also be in charge of agricultural reporting during harvest season each fall.
Must also assist in the development and maintenance of written office and employee related procedures, including emergency disaster plans. Assist with compliance with local, state and federal laws. Complete various forms, surveys, insurance applications, reports, as needed. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information. Other duties as needed and assigned.
This full-time position is located in the Corning, CA area and is full time M-F, with benefits available after trial period.
This position will be a key member of our personnel and integral to maintaining company workflow and processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must work well independently with good organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills including QuickBooks and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Basic Accounting procedures: (A/R, A/P, time billing, P/R, G/L, tax payments and inventory control).
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage projects.
- May be required to drive for office related business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an office manager preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience payroll processing & bookkeeping
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- Strong PC skills.
- HR Certification preferred.
- BA in accounting preferred.
- Agricultural background or knowledge preferred.
- Current driver’s license and insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour