Locally owned CPA firm seeking an experienced, reliable, self-motivated Senior Tax Accountant to join our busy accounting firm. This is a full-time position with overtime during tax season. This position will work closely with partners and staff and will be responsible for preparing and reviewing a variety of income, gift and estate tax related engagements. This position requires someone who is task-oriented, communicative, professional and capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment and apply common sense.
Successful candidates should have at least 5 years of experience with payroll, accounting, individual and business tax return preparation with a strong knowledge of tax and accounting rules. Must have excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills. Accounting Degree is required, and CPA license is preferred.
We value diversity as a company and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Competitive benefits package offered, which includes:
- Overtime during tax season.
- Flexible work schedule.
- 9 company paid holidays (plus 3 half days).
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- 40 hours paid sick time per year.
- Company pays 90% of sponsored plan’s premium for employee’s health insurance.
- Company pays 100% of employee’s vision insurance.
- Company pays 100% of employee’s dental insurance.
- 401K plan with matching contributions and potential for profit sharing.
- Complete tax returns in a timely fashion.
- Properly research and seek the advice of senior preparers when confronted with particularly challenging tax circumstances.
- Income tax projections and quarterly estimates.
- Review business and individual income tax returns.
- Payroll and other tax & accounting duties as needed.
- Work with firm CPA’s and partners as needed.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in tax preparation. Directly assisting in the preparation and review of tax returns in public accounting. Preferably have prepared at least 500+ business/personal tax returns.
- Skilled using tax preparation software (preferably Lacerte) and experience in troubleshooting common tax program problems.
- Advanced knowledge of individual tax, business tax returns, trust returns, bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll.
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed or web-based materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing challenging returns.
- Advanced QuickBooks and Microsoft Office skills (emphasis on Excel), with an ability to become familiar with firm specific programs and software.
- Familiarity working with and editing PDF documents.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, initiative, and ability to make decisions within guidelines.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Full-time base compensation $80,000.00 – $104,000.00 per year, paid hourly with additional wages from overtime during tax season.
We are following all CDC guidelines to keep our employees safe, requiring masks for un-vaccinated clients/staff, frequently sanitizing our office and working remotely when needed.