Local nut processing facility seeking organized and detail oriented candidate for full time Accounts Payable Clerk/Accounting Assistant to assist the accounting department and Controller with financial tasks. Emphasis in Accounts Payable with increasing duties over time.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Assist with payroll processing, timecard entries and wage/hour calculations.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other administrative and office duties as needed including but not limited to: data entry, vendor & client relations, organizing, filing, filling in on phones and special accounting projects as requested.
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus. Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
Benefits available after trial and waiting period.