This position is responsible for overseeing compliance of all company food safety policies and regulations. This position will develop, implement, and enforce Food Safety and Security standards, policies, and programs including food security, HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), food safety training program, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, food safety audits, and standardized work instructions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility(s) meet food safety and quality standards.
• Redesign and update plans whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure.
• Develop and maintain documentation such as standard operating procedures and maintenance of manuals, policies, and procedures.
• Develop and provide training and maintain all training records for food safety and quality requirements.
• Provide training and maintain all training records for critical food safety and quality requirements.
• Conduct facility food safety audits and manage third party auditing programs.
• Work with General Manager on any food safety issues, corrective measures, or corrective actions
• Ensure that the company’s food safety procedures are always followed.
• Ensure proper sanitation and maintenance of all facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or equivalent
• Knowledge of HAACP, GMPs, FSMA, and regulatory mandates a plus
• Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF Expert Practitioner
• USDA, HACCP, GMPs and/or GFSI audit experience a plus
• Must have ability to make timely, independent decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Must have ability to communicate with employees and management and to communicate changes effectively.
• Ability to follow policies, procedures, and instructions and to respond to management team direction required.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Minimum of 2 years practical experience in Food Safety or QA in the food industry preferred or qualifying course study in Food Science related field.
• HACCP certified or able to attend training and become certified.
• GFSI-recognized Certified Practitioner or able to attend training and become certified.