Processing Equipment Maintenance Mechanic needed for busy almond processing facility located in Chico, CA.
Position to perform routine and required maintenance and repairs on silos, mechanical and processing equipment and otherwise as needed in all areas of the facility and related equipment. Some forklift operation also required as a regular part of job duties.
Position is full time, day shift with overtime.
Familiarity with food safety standards & procedures and experience working in a similar environment is preferred. Must have excellent comprehension, communication, mechanical knowledge and ability, and have knowledge and previous experience with general maintenance and troubleshooting. Must also have experience with minor welding and fabrication.
Job duties to include:
- Silo & Equipment Repair & Building/Grounds Maintenance
- Minor and major repairs to silos, processing & other equipment.
- Preventative maintenance such as belt inspection, checking fluid levels, filter replacement, greasing bearings, seal replacements etc.
- Cleaning & inspecting the exterior of plant & warehouse facilities.
- Responding to emergency maintenance requests.
- Grounds-keeping & general building maintenance.
- Review and identify projects and items of need of service and/or repair.
- Maintaining service logs and records of maintenance on equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, twist, reach, and stand for extended or long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, and materials as needed.
- Must use PPE as needed/required.
- Must have the ability to work varying shifts as needed, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- For consideration, please reply to this advertisement with a copy of your resume and statement outlining your qualifications. EOE.
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Equipment repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)