Locally owned CPA firm seeking an experienced, reliable, self-motivated seasonal Tax Preparer to join our busy accounting firm. This is a seasonal full-time position with overtime through the tax season ending April 18, 2022. Job is on-site in Chico, CA but there may be potential for remote work in the future. This position will work closely with partners and staff and will be responsible for a variety of individual and business income tax related engagements. This position requires someone who is task-oriented, communicative, professional, and capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment and apply common sense.
Successful candidates should have at least 3 years of experience with individual and business tax return preparation with a strong knowledge of tax and accounting rules. Must have excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills. Accounting degree and/or CPA/EA license is preferred, but not required.
We value diversity as a company and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- Complete tax returns in a timely fashion.
- Properly research and seek the advice of senior preparers when confronted with particularly challenging tax circumstances.
- Work with firm CPA’s and staff as needed.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in tax preparation. Directly assisting in the preparation and review of tax returns in public accounting. Preferably have prepared at least 200+ business/personal tax returns.
- Skilled using tax preparation software (preferably Lacerte) and experience in troubleshooting common tax program problems.
- Advanced knowledge of individual tax, business tax returns, trust returns, bookkeeping, accounting, and payroll.
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed or web-based materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing challenging returns.
- Advanced QuickBooks and Microsoft Office skills (emphasis on Excel), with an ability to become familiar with firm specific programs and software.
- Familiarity working with and editing PDF documents.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, initiative, and ability to make decisions within guidelines.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations with many clients.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Seasonal Full-time through April 18, 2022. This is not a remote-work position.
Pay: $25-40/hour depending on experience, plus overtime.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $40.00 per hour
We are following all CDC guidelines to keep our employees safe, requiring masks for unvaccinated clients/staff, frequently sanitizing our office and working remotely when needed.